Sprouting a Family

Friday, October 1, 2010

Moments

Each day after work, your daddy meets me with you in his arms. You look at me and give me this instaneous smile. You go from daddy's embrace to mine ... and you and I just smile at each other for a while. Then I kiss you on your cheeks and you modify your smile to an open-mouthed grin. I nurse you right away. You are always willing to eat and I love to hold you as close to me as possible. All too soon, you are ready to go to sleep ... but I am not ready to put you down. I lay you on my chest and let you dream close to my heart. When I breathe, I mimic your breaths so we feel like we are sharing one body again. You are your own little person now, but I will never be able to separate myself from you. I close my eyes and love the moment. Sometimes I wish that moments would not be fleeting by nature.

I love you, my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment