Sprouting a Family

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Little Sprout Man


A Couple of Cute Sprout Moments

1. When I come home, Sprout runs up to me with a big grin and says: "Hi Mommy!" "Hi Baby!" Baby Bean and I love being greeted by such a happy big brother.

2. Sprout knows that I am pregnant -- but he's a little confused and he thinks that he is having a baby as well. He named his baby "Aunt Bee." (Like his dad, he is a big Andy Griffith fan.)

3. Sprout LOVES talking to Mawmaw and Pawpaw on the phone. He often talks about chickens, fishing on the peer (thanks, Pawpaw), and his baby sister. And sometimes he just likes to listen to their voices ... because he loves them.

4. Any time Sprout does not like his meal, he looks at us and emphatically says, "All done!" And then expects to be dismissed from the table ... sorry young man, you must eat.

5. The man loves books! He loves picture books, magazines, hymnals, phone books ... He licks his fingers as he proceeds to flip though each page. So studious and serious.

6. Sprout has a distinct, southern (almost mountain man-ish) accent. However, he does say the word "two" with a distinct, Floridian accent. :-) Ha! One for me!

7. Cowboy boots are always a must. He wants to wear them with everything ... even his pajamas. And when we wakes up in the morning, he looks at his shoeless feet, and then quickly asks for his "boops."

8. He refers to any and every type of dessert item as a "pie." And he would like to eat pie all day long.

9. Sprout loves trucks. He got a set of little yellow trucks as a Christmas gift and he adores them. I love listening to the sound effects that he makes as he makes them go!

10. Perhaps the best part of my day is when he wakes up in the morning, crawls on my lap, lays down, holds my hair, smiles and says "Mama, mama" in his sweet,dreamy voice over and over again.

I adore my little man. I simply adore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment