Sprouting a Family

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Little Note


Dear Sprout,


I don't have much to say tonight, but I wanted to write you a letter anyway. Right now, I am watching you sleep peacefully in your little bed. I am so tired and I had decided that I would go to bed as soon after you were placed in your bassinet. However, here I am looking at you instead. Sometimes I can't believe that you are really here ... that you are my baby ... that I am a mom ... that I have a son... Although I am sleepy, part of me does not want to close my eyes. I know that even the best dream could not top a simple moment like this one. It's a funny thing my little one, some would say that an uneventful night like this is nothing special -- however, I dare say that times like these are the very ones that make our lives a bit more meaningful.


Good night, my sweet boy.


Love always,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment