Sprouting a Family

Monday, July 4, 2011

Together At Last





It has been over a month since my last post. The last few weeks of school were the busiest of my life. Ever. Since then, I have been working on a little to-do check list ... sometimes, I think I may be a tad too ambitious for my own good. In between checking off items, I have been spending some much needed uninterrupted time with my family. And today, that is what I am going to write about.

For the past few weeks, we having been doing a lot of camping around here. Our first stop was Black Mountain. Grammy and Grampy took the "Coyote Camper" to a state park and we met them there. And guess what! We drove up there and surprised them with our brand new mini van! (Okay, it's a 2006 ... but it is new to us and we love it! More about our new addition in another post). We saw beautiful waterfalls, smooth river rocks, and we played in pristine creeks. We had no phone reception and no power outlets for my laptop -- both circumstances were very good for busybody me.

A few days after we returned from Black Mountain, Andrew and I celebrated our second anniversary. Staying within our budget, we decided to go tent camping at Price Park. We found a beautiful site right on the lake. Twisted rhododendrons surrounded us with their broad leaves and thick flower clusters. We cooked dinner over an open fire and drank sparkling cider. Together, we took in the beauty of the setting sun and reflected on the blessings bestowed upon us during the past two years. It was the most perfect anniversary that I could have ever asked for.

Shortly after our anniversary celebration, the whole family went camping at Price Park. Several of our close friends camped along with us. This time, we celebrated good times, our children, my birthday, and Old Time music. We canoed, explored, played, and just plain enjoyed togetherness. Andrew, Sprout, and I went on a fantastic hike along with our two dogs. The trail was simply enchanting. At the end of each day, Andrew and I retired to our tent and watched the a light show presented by the fireflies. Meanwhile, grasshoppers and bullfrogs serenaded us with their music.

In short, if you are out and about, look for a green tent. You might see it parked at a beach, on a mountain top, or surrounded by wild ponies. Wherever you find it, know that its family is going on adventures, taking in the glory of each day, and loving each moment of being side-by-side, hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment