Sprouting a Family

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shoes

My husband can recall an exact year in which an important moment occurred by remembering the shoes that he was wearing at the time of its happening. He walks through life with a trusted pair of sneakers on his feet. And though I admittedly own more shoes than he, I guess we're still kind of similar when it comes to footwear. I find myself coming back to my old favorites again and again. My Keds have hiked in the mountains and waded in oceans. They accompanied me to my wedding rehearsal and they walked me through the hospital doors when little Sprout was about to be born. They were my favorites for many reasons.

Yesterday was the day that Andrew and I finally had to go out and buy new shoes. We traveled many great paths with their predecesors. And while we look back fondly upon jouneys past, we anticipate the new adventures awaiting us with this year's shoes now on our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment