Sprouting a Family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Criss-cross-applesauce Dreams

Dear Sprout,

Right now, I am sitting "criss-cross-applesauce" (as my first graders would say). And, on top of my lap, you are fast asleep. Your head is rested on one of my legs and your feet are propped up on the other. This is your very favorite sleeping position of all. You always sleep with your right hand above your head and oftentimes your lips make little itty-bitty sucking motions while you dream. I guess you are dreaming about eating; after all, that is one of your favorite things to do! I love watching you sleep. I love caressing your sweet little head while watching your lips make surprise smiles here and there. I love holding your dimpled hands and kissing your soft baby feet. You are not a big napper but you will happily fall sleep if you are held. Lots of babies are big sleepers and will nap almost anywhere ... but not you. Daddy says that you are a lot like me ... social ... you want to be with a loved one all of the time. I guess that's one reason you and I get along so well. We can be doing nothing but sitting criss-cross-applesauce and napping -- but we are doing these little nothings with someone we love and that makes everything perfect.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment