Sprouting a Family

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow globe


Today it snowed big fat snowflakes. I felt like I was inside of my very own snow globe. If you looked inside my snow globe, you would see Christmas trees trimmed in white. If you looked beyond the trees, you would notice a quaint blue cottage filled with warmth. You might even notice two lovers in blue jeans walking hand-in-hand. She is holding a little baby wearing a bear cub snow suit. Books, hot chocolate, cardigan sweaters, friends, and family are scattered all around. There is a small town with an illuminated star and a manger scene filled with school children. Townspeople are kept warm by a bonfire and its sparks resemble lightning bugs flying high up into the sky. The snow is not falling any more. Everything is still and the day is done. How I wish that somehow my little globe could be turned upside down and shaken and placed back onto the table. I would love to have my snowy day replayed again and again. How I love simple days like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment