Sprouting a Family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

So Long 2010

Dear 2010,

You were a great year. In fact, you were one of the best years of my life. You were the first whole year that Andrew and I got to spend together as husband and wife. You were also the year in which we got to meet our beautiful son. You certainly changed our lives ... for good.

2010, you did not come without struggles. Andrew lost his job of 10 years. I had to change plans and go from stay-at-home-mom to a returning teacher. This was hard -- and still is hard -- for both of us. However, we have prayed about this and we have gained so much from these unexpected opportunities. Andrew is the best dad ever (verbalized period!). He and Sprout have the most wonderful father/son relationship and I know that it will remain strong for their entire lives. Furthermore, the baby and I are as bonded as can be. Our time together is very much cherished. As a family, we are one solid unit. We work together and love together with all of our might. Additionally, I have the sweetest most wonderful group of first graders. So really, I get to have 24 kids! I love my class, really and truly. Yes, 2010, little did we know that the struggles you gave us were in actuality gifts. Gifts of wonderful lifetime experiences that we would not have had otherwise.

Thank you, 2010. Thank you for love. Thank you for family. Thank you for growth.

I miss you already.
Love always,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment