Sprouting a Family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Few Thank Yous on Thanksgiving


A Few Thank Yous on Thanksgiving

Dear God,
Thank You so much for giving me what I have always wanted -- a family of my very own. Thank You for not answering prayers that would have led me down a different path, had they been answered. Thank You for disciplining me, molding me, believing in me, and loving me. God, thank You for always being there for me when I have no idea what I am doing and thank You for putting things in perspective when I put a little too much of a focus on myself. Lord, you are so patient with me. You are merciful and You are just. You are exactly what I need every day, every minute, every moment of my existence. I am so thankful for You.
Love always,
Anna


Dear Andrew,
You are my most wonderful, beautiful, and amazing person. You have a kind and gentle heart like no other. If I could only describe you with one word, it would be "humble." Your loving acts do not produce recognition because you do not boast ... you do not tell. I have never heard a hateful word part from your lips. You are quiet and sweet and caring and I am so blessed to know you like no other. You are the type of person that I aspire to be like. I hope that as the years go by, I will take on more and more of the characteristics that make you so special to me. Perhaps a better word to describe you with is "Christian." Yes, I know that you are not perfect and yes, I know that you are a sinner just like me and everyone else ... but you try very hard to model yourself after Christ and that is evident. I love you so much, Andrew. I do not say thank you often enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the rest of my life. I love you forever, my sweet Andrew.
Love always,
Anna

Dear Sprout,
Buddy, Mommy loves you so much. Thank you for making my dreams come true. When I held you in my arms for the first time, you stared right at me and would not take your eyes off of mine. Thank you for that. You are so young, but man have you made me grow up! Because of you, my perspective has changed dramatically. I want to be a mommy that you can look up to and trust 100%. I do not want to tell you to behave one way and then go off and do my own thing, regardless of what I just told you. I want to act wisely, say only kind things, and think in a more loving way than I ever have before. I want to do my part to make the world a little better ... because I wanted it to be a better place for you. Know that you will always be my most wonderful and special little blessing.
Love always,
Mommy

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for loving me and believing in me as I grow. Thank you for understanding that I am not perfect. Thank you for you willingness to walk alongside me as I figure out exactly how to be an adult. I love you -- always have and always will.
Love always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment