Sprouting a Family

Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Improvement Plan

Goal:  Keep perspective.  I am a perfectionist ... And there are pros and cons to that.  I really need to work on keeping my perspective the way it should be.  I can reflect and grow and forgive myself at the same time.  I am an imperfect human who lives in a world of imperfect humans.  I need to love myself and treat myself like I would treat others.

Action plan:  Reflect, learn, grow, and carry on.  In imperfect circumstances, be the example I would want my children to follow...  Pray that God would help me in this area,

Goal:  Grow closer to God.  I used to read my Bible much more often than I read it now.  I would take notes during church.  I am ashamed to admit that in my busyness, I have not been doing either of these things like I should.  And you know what, if I did I bet my perspective would be a lot better (addendum to perspective action plan: READ GOD'S WORD) if I did.  I want to hear God speak to me through His word ... I need Him to help me live this life that I have been blessed with.

Action plan:  Read my Bible at least three times a week (daily would be best).  Take a notebook to church and take notes.  Pray that God will help me in this area.

Goal:  Rest.  I am tired.  I honestly am working as hard as I can work.  I don't even know how to rest anymore.  I always have my to do list running through my mind.  Being a full time worker, student, mom, and wife is hard.  The perfectionist side of me wants to give 100% to all of these areas ... But that's 400% and that's impossible ... But I try to force it to be possible ... And sometimes I feel like such a failure.  I think I am just burned out and I would be more able in all of these areas if I could just take a little bit of time to refresh and renew myself.  Rest stresses me out because I can literally feel my to do list growing.  Recently, my kindred spirit Arleney reminded me that God will help me carry my load.  I need to trust Him in this area (and in all areas).

Action Plan:  God created a day of rest for a reason.  Trust Him, imperfect Anna.  Rest, renew, refresh ... And you'll be much better equipped to take the week on!  Pray that God will help me in this area.

PS:  If anyone happens to stumble across this blog, know that I am very happy ... Just struggling a tiny bit at the current moment... :). By putting these steps into place, I hope to rekindle my flame.


No comments:

Post a Comment