Sprouting a Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

Holding You

Dear Sprout,

You like to nurse -- all of the time. While other babies nurse for 30 minutes and are done for about three hours, you nurse for three hours and are done for 30 minutes! (slight exaggeration) Sometimes I get discouraged because I never complete the mental checklist I prepare for myself at the start of each day. However, I can't help but notice that when you are not in my arms I long to hold you. Perhaps it's because we shared a body for nine months. Before you, I was a true busybody; Staying still was not one of my characteristics. Now, for the first time in my life, I must be stationary. I look down at you and there you are loving being close to your mommy. I smile because I also love having you close to me. As your mom, I try to do what is best for you. Maybe, in your own little way, you know what is best for me, too.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment