Sprouting a Family

Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Cheers


Today Sprout is three months old! Really, he is more like a year old; I carried him inside of me for nine months and I've held him in my arms for these past three months. My husband and I have been blessed with Sprout for almost our entire marriage. In fact, day one of Sprout was estimated to be day ten of our days as man and wife. Some well-meaning people have said that it would have been better to have spent a year together getting to know each other before becoming parents. While that may be the case for some, Sprout added such depth to our relationship. Andrew went to every check-up with me. He listened to me when I read him excerpts from multiple baby books and he told me when to put the literature down and trust God. Andrew read Sprout stories, sang to him, and prayed aloud for him. I know my little guy recognized a gentle voice and knew exactly whom his daddy was as soon as he was born.

Now that Sprout is here, he enjoys playing horsey and airplane with his old man. When he is in his car seat, a place he doesn't particularly like, he is soothed by a CD that Andrew made just for him. Each night at bedtime, Sprout falls fast asleep in his daddy's arms. I confess that this new mom does not have everything together. The house is not as clean as I would like it to be, dinner is unpredictable, and sometimes my son is the only one who has all of his basic needs met. I am competitive with myself and I would like to feel like everyday is an A-plus day. However, even when I have a day that does not even come remotely close to making the grade, Andrew can put everything into perspective for me. We're a family, we love each other, we have been very blessed -- who cares if our overcooked chicken dinner would best be described as chicken jerky?!

Thank you, Andrew, for everything. We love you so much! Three cheers for you! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray! Hip-hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment