Sprouting a Family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Last Night

Last night you were awake after your usual bedtime. I was in bed and you were sitting on my stomach. You kept looking into my eyes and giving me these enormous smiles -- smiles that say, "You are the best person in the whole world!" I smiled right back at you, but I had a bittersweet feeling in my heart. There you were overjoyed with your mommy ... I wish I was as great as you think I am. You see Sprout, mommies want the very best for their children. I have such high hopes for you. I want you to grow up to be a man characterized by his honesty, integrity, loyalty, and dignity. I want you to always think about others. I want you to be a man of faith who has the courage to always do what is right and just. I know that you are going to look up to me and I fall short of what I want for you. I promise that I am going to try to make today better than my yesterdays. I am going to work very hard to embody the traits that I want for you. However, remember that I (along with all people) will disappoint you. God is the only one who will never let you down. It is my prayer that you will get to know Him at an early age. You can always look up to your heavenly Father; He will always lead you down the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment