Sprouting a Family

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Favorite Time of Year!

Guess what a week from today is! Yes, THANKSGIVING! I love, love, love this holiday for many reasons. I love the holiday itself and the history behind it. I love the family time that comes along with Thanksgiving ... and I love that Christmas music starts playing on the radio! Yes, a week from today means that Christmas is on its way.

Christmas time is very special to me and to my family. Before I go on with this blog, I want to make it clear that in this household this day is special because Christmas celebrates our saviour, Jesus Christ. He is the "reason for the season." However, we also love all of the neat and wonderful things that give Christmas some of its extra celebration sparkles. We love cutting down our very own tree and decorating it (rather meagerly) with whatever we have available to us. We love making attempts at Christmas cookies. We love star lightings and candle lightings and caroling. And, last year, we loved making our very own Christmas card -- complete with me and Andrew and a cat and a chicken and my pregnant belly all dressed up in a tacky red sweater with a bow on it!

This year, we are putting some extra thought into our card. You see, now we are a family of three. I know that we are going to save our card forever and ever ... and I also know that so many people are so excited to get a picture of our little one in the mail. Fortunately, Shutterfly has so many cards for us to choose from. There are simple cards that draw your eye to one beautiful picture -- this would be Andrew's type of card. And, for people like me that can have that "more is more" mentality, there are cards where you can put bunches of pictures! Yes, I so think that simple is beautiful ... but I am so indecisive when it comes to that kind of stuff. Yay for lots of pictures so I can use all of the photos I like! There are cards that have cool, muted colors that remind you of snowflake filled winters and hot cocoa with marshmallows. If you're more of a festive yipee! person, you can choose bright red and green gold-trimmed cards as well. Yes, there are pages and pages! Which card should I choose? Help me out, friends! Go to www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards. Our family would like your assistance in helping us choose the perfect card for this year.

Thank you! We'll be coming soon to a mailbox near you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment