Sprouting a Family

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Something Special

Today I had my first real day off of school since I started working again. Usually, on my days off, I love to get out and do something special. To me, staying inside all day is a bit boring. Well, I guess that's how I used to be. You see, today I did nothing special. I stayed in bed for a long, long time. Me and baby snuggled half-asleep through the morning news, Rachael Ray, Doctor Oz, and The Price is Right. Occasionally we would get up for a sip of herbal tea or milk, but that was about it. Yes, the day slipped by. Me ... and baby ... and Andrew ... lazily loving each other in a little blue cottage. And now, at the end of the day, I realize that I have learned something new. Sometimes "nothing specials" are the most special things of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment