Sprouting a Family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Three Things that Make Me Smile



Here are three little things that produced three big smiles this week:

1. Andrew is at puppy class with Rose tonight. It's their first class. Andrew has wanted a bulldog since he was a boy. And now he has one. She is such a great pup ... but what a character! She snores and grunts and rolls over when you try to get her to walk. She hates baths but adores being rubbed down with a towel afterwards. And her favorite part of a toy is the stuffing that's inside. I have laughed and laughed while watching my husband interact with this sweet clown of a dog. I bet they are having a great time. Man, I wish that I could see what they are up to right at this very minute!

2. Rose the bulldog and the baby had a great time in a little red wagon. Andrew and I so wanted to get Sprout a wagon for Christmas ... but all that we could find were plastic ones. Don't get me wrong, plastic wagons have many great qualities; but, Andrew and I are the nostalgic types and we wanted a red metal wagon, like you would see in a storybook. There were none to be found. However, this past weekend Grammy and Grampy found one! Yep! They found a Radio Flyer for just $15.00 at a thrift shop! Granted it's a little rusted and the paint is a little faded ... but to me, that adds so much to the charm! It looks loved. And that is exactly the type of wagon I have always dreamed that my little boy would have.

3. My students ... they make me smile. One little guy wrote me a sweet note and told me that I was a great teacher because I was "rulyabul" (reliable). He's six and I thought he did a fabulous job sounding that word out! Which brings me to my next point. Watching kids learn, well it's one of the coolest things in the world. They get so excited and so proud of themselves. It just gives me goosebumps. When they become readers, it makes me feel like they can do just about anything.

1 comment:

  1. You just put a smile on my face Anna. What a precious blessing you are to so many people. The world is truly a better place with you in it.

    ReplyDelete