Sprouting a Family

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Few Random Things

  1. This morning, there was a bug in this very house. It was not just any bug -- it was a prehistoric bug left over from the dinosaur era! Yes, it kind of reminded me of the Stegosaurus with its rough, armor looking exoskeleton. You may be wondering how I spotted this bug. Well, I saw our CAT (Stubby) staring at something ... and it was the bug. I was hoping she would pounce on that thing like any other feline would do, but she was content just to stare. Therefore, I had to pick it up with a paper towel and relocate it to the front yard. Thank you so much, Stubby, for all of your help.
  2. Lately I have noticed that when I buckle Sprout into his car seat, I end up just sitting next to him for a minute or two. And we talk to each other or we just smile. It doesn't matter if I am running late or that I see him all day long, car seat time has become a special little moment for us.
  3. Today at lunch, I did not have too much time to spare. Therefore, I ate an avocado and a banana. It was delicious and it filled me up. I felt good about myself because I made a healthy life choice! I think I will go to the store and buy more so I can repeat this process tomorrow.
  4. My mother-in-law, Debbie, said I was a fantastic mom. In other words, she gave me a confidence boost just when I needed it. I need to remember to encourage others on a regular basis. You never know when a kind word will give someone the extra pep in their step!
  5. I am working on spreading out nursing sessions. I know it has one been a day and a half, but things are going well. :-) We're still learning!
  6. Debbie found a website called "Tipnut" and it tells you how to make EVERYTHING! I am going to try some things out and let you know how it goes! Hopefully, it will help us with our budget ... a very important thing since I am staying home this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment