Sprouting a Family

Monday, August 2, 2010

One Year Ago, Yesterday

Dear Sprout,
One year ago (yesterday), I found out that you were on your way!
Your daddy and I had been married for a short time and all of the sudden I just felt pregnant. I remembered how the two of us joked that I knew the feeling because I had been pregnant so many times before! However, all joking aside, I just knew. Therefore, we prayed for our future children together from that point forward. Sometimes I think that maybe God let me know that I was pregnant early on so that we could pray for you from the start.


August 1, 2009 was a special day for many reasons. For one thing, your Uncle Ben and Aunt Shannon got married! Daddy was a groomsman at the wedding. At the conclusion of a very beautiful ceremony, daddy and the rest of the bridal party were getting their pictures taken before the reception. While photos were being snapped, I ran home to let Shimmer out. Okay, maybe I left to let Shimmer out and to take a pregnancy test… Before I knew it, I was staring at a positive pregnancy test while crazy Shimmer was outside with the chickens. I wondered, “Does a blue line count even if it’s a very pale blue?” I let Shimmer back into the house, put the pregnancy test in my purse, and returned to the church.


When the photo session was finished, your daddy motioned for me. We both hopped into his truck to leave for the party. As I was starting to tell your dad about you, he noticed that I had one of looks on my face. Do you know what that man thought?! He thought that I was going to tell him that Shimmer hurt one of the chickens! Can you imagine how happy he must have been when I told him that we might have a baby on the way? I showed him the test and he saw a blue line, too. Daddy drove to the reception very carefully because we had a baby on board.


The celebration that night was beautiful. The bride and groom were lovely. Twinkling lights and wheat grass sprouts gave Club Cola the perfect amount of prettiness. We ate tacos, drank punch, and devoured wedding cake. And when we danced, we just smiled at one another and looked into each other’s eyes the whole time. I bet that the people who watched us must have thought that we were very much in love – and they were right! We were madly in love with each other and madly in love with you.
Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment