Sprouting a Family

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trust

Yesterday I was sitting on my bed with Sprout in my arms. Suddenly, Shimmer jumped off of the blue arm chair and ran to the door. She did not bark, so I immediately knew that a friend was at the door. When I heard the door open, I smiled at that familiar voice that was calling my name. Andrew was home just in time for lunch. My sweet husband has been known to surprise me like this. He entered the room. "You came home for lunch," I said. "No." "You're here to surprise me," I answered back. "Nope." "You were laid off." "Yep." After ten years of working at a local company, Andrew was given a pink slip.

Because of our economy's current state, I knew that this was a possibility. However, for some reason I think that we were both a bit shocked. We looked at each other. A few months earlier, I had given up my job to stay home with Sprout. All of the sudden, there we were in our little house with a little baby -- two homeowners, two parents, no job.

To be quite honest, I am not completely devastated by this news. For one thing, this is an opportunity for Andrew. Although he enjoyed ten successful years at his job, he put other interests "on the side burner," so to speak. Now he can pursue the things that he was too busy to dedicate himself to before. He can turn a passion into a profession. This may be just what he needed.

As for me, I may have to go to work. Part time, half time, full time ... I don't know. I am not sure what jobs are available at this point. I am fine with working and I am a people-person who likes to have opportunities to talk. The only thing that concerns me is my little baby. How I have loved these months with him. Although he is very young, I have raised him with my personal beliefs in mind. I read to him, I sing to him, and I hold him when he cries. If he needs his mama to hold him nonstop for hours, then that is what I do. My heart keeps telling me that my baby needs me. However, I do know that Sprout has a daddy and grandparents who love him just as much as I do. I know that they will give him what he needs, just like I would. Maybe I'll be sad, but he'll be just fine. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And sometimes you have to trust in Someone bigger than yourself ... He will work everything out for the best, I just know He will...

So here we are, a brand new family on a brand new journey. We trust one another and we put our ultimate trust in God. Our lives have been fast paced with new things around every bend. And you know what? We have been blessed by every new adventure that has been placed in our path.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys! I'm Sure something will come up and it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete