Sprouting a Family

Friday, August 20, 2010

Today is Friday

One Friday later, both of us are still unemployed. Andrew has been helping his dad with a few projects. I have been taking care of baby. Both of us have sought job opportunities ... to no avail. However, this typical Nervous Nellie (aka me) is unusually calm despite the circumstances. We have been praying that God will open and shut doors and that He will guide us through this unfamiliar territory. This week, many of the solutions that I have come up with in my head have become null and void -- but it's okay! I trust Him way more than I trust myself.

Honestly, I never imagined that I would be in the situation that I am currently in. For one thing, I was a professional student throughout my academic career. During that time, I had imagined myself to be a powerful business woman who could take on the world -- and who would always have a paying job. Now, here I am ... my life is so much different than I had envisioned. Thank you, God! I know that many women would say the same thing, but I truly believe that I have the very best husband in the whole entire world. As a result of our love, we have the most amazing baby whom we have the most incredible adoration for. I would have thought that enduring this set of circumstances so early in our marriage would have caused Andrew and I a great deal of stress -- quite the contrary. This week has been wonderful. I believe that it has proved to both of us that we do trust our Father and we will always absolutely love each other ... for better or for worse ... for richer or for poorer ... I am so glad that God is writing the story of our lives and not me. He has done a much more grander job than I ever would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment