Sprouting a Family

Monday, January 31, 2011

Boo

I just got out of the shower because I wanted to wash today away! I guess I thought living out a metaphor would help me to feel better. And, I think it did a bit. Honestly, I think I am just so tired and so analytical that this day was bound to happen. But really, I have no real reason to be down. As one of my friends would say, "I am too blessed to be stressed!" So true. I had my time to pout and worry and be sad and mad ... and now it's time to stop.

Here is a list of good things about today:

1. This silly little blog. I love writing in it! I, Anna, am a nerd. I LOVED writing college papers. Seriously! I really enjoyed tweaking my words and making them just right. I don't know, writing is like arts and crafts for me. I get to make my own creations whenever I am inspired or feel the need to do so.

2. A singing drum. Sprout is in his playpen right now bouncing to the rhythm of a singing drum. It is such a corny little thing but he gets the biggest kick out of it! And I am getting the biggest kick out of watching him dance! Yay drum! Thanks for the laughs.

3. The Avett Brothers. I love music, but I have never been too much of a concert person. I have never gone online to see when and where bands are playing ... until the Avett Brothers came along. I was saddened to see that their closest booking is five hours away. BUT TODAY ALL OF THAT CHANGED! In April, they are going to be in Charlotte and I am going to be there singing along with them. Also, we've inquired about them singing at Sprout's first birthday. More on that later.

4. A good egg. Today at lunch, I peeled my hard boiled egg like a true pro. Usually, half of my egg comes off with the shell. That was an exciting accomplishment for me. And I got extra protein because of it.

5. My class. I love watching my kids grow and learn. And I love that Donna comes in smack-dab in the middle of my day to help out. We all have fun together. And as I walked through the school doors at the end of the day, I thought about the wonderful people that I have worked with this year and in the past.

6. Me and Andrew and Sprout looked at pictures of bulldogs on the Internet. It's one of our favorite past times. One day were are going to have a bulldog of our own and we are going to name it Ferdinand (after the flower smelling bull). Ferdinand is a picture book ... do yourself a favor and read it if you never have.

7. My husband just walked in with a surprise ... a stuffed toy bulldog, an ivy plant, and a rental video! He's the best in the world. And guess what ... Sprout is just like him.

Goodbye for now. It's is time for me to enjoy what is left of this Monday.

Love always,
Anna

PS: Hope we can all get a good night's sleep and wake up all ready for Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment